You can reduce the frequency of replacing the parts of your air conditioner or the air conditioner itself through periodic maintenance checks. Your air conditioning unit takes less time and consumes less energy to cool down your room if it is well maintained. Moreover, your air conditioner’s life span is increased, and the chances of breaking down are decreased. Your air conditioner consuming less energy means that you don’t have to pay for higher energy bills.
Air Conditioner Maintenance Tips to keep it working efficiently:
Whether you have a one-room or whole-house air conditioner, it needs regular maintenance to work efficiently. You can do some of the maintenance tasks by yourself, while the others need a professional technician to take care of. Now, let us know more about the maintenance tips.
- Clean the air filters: If your air conditioner has a reusable filter, then check and clean it monthly once during the summer. Otherwise, the filters get clogged with dirt, dust, and allergen particles that reduce the airflow. It will make the air flowing through the system dirtier, triggering symptoms of asthma and allergy. Thus, cleaning your air conditioner’s air filters will enable it to work efficiently.
- Clean the air conditioner coils: The condenser and evaporator coils of your air conditioning unit get dirty over time. These coils must be cleaned. Otherwise, they decrease the airflow and insulate the coil. It results in the decreased heat-absorbing capacity of the coils. Thus, you must check and clean your air conditioner’s coil at least monthly once.
- Straighten coil fins: The aluminum fins on the condenser and evaporator coils are delicate and block the airflow if bent. Thus, you must check on the coil fins and straighten them with an external component if bent. To access the coil fins, you might have to unscrew and lift the metal box first. Refer to the user manual of your air conditioner, if required.
- Remove debris from your air conditioning unit: Dirt, leaves, and other particles accumulate on the outer cover of your air conditioning unit. All these external particles affect the airflow and cooling capacity of your air conditioner. Thus, keep checking the outer cover of your air conditioning unit frequently and remove the unwanted elements.
- Inspect the thermostat: You must check your air conditioning unit’s thermostat to ensure that it is maintaining the required temperature throughout your home. You can also upgrade your mechanical or older thermostat to a programmable model. A programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature for different times of the day and switches off automatically if no one is present in the house.
Suppose you need any help with your air conditioner while cleaning it, installing it, or repairing it. In that case, you can always contact Ackley Sheetmetal, Inc, as they provide the most efficient air conditioner repair in Hayward, CA. They have been providing top-quality residential heating and cooling services for many decades now and take good care of your air conditioning unit.
Contact them today to schedule a meeting!